Thursday, April 8, 2010

Who wants to catch a piranha when there are caiman?

April 5th, 2010: Well actually...my intent was to catch a piranha with teeth, but somehow I caught an extremely large caiman with teeth...lots and lots of them. When I realized the tug pulling me toward the water was a much stronger tug than a small piranha, its head surfaced with its mouth open about 8 feet away from me. I don't think he was too happy with a hook in his mouth. I didn't stand there for long nor did I put up a huge fight with my wire-like line and my one foot bamboo stick that I was using as a rod. This bamboo stick quickly became a baton such as they use in track in field as I backed up away from the shore handing it off to my guide. Cough - cough - since we were a team and he wasn't catching anything I thought he should partake in trying to get the hook out of his or her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment