Thursday, April 8, 2010

Los Llanos and a ton of animals

April 8th, 2010: This place has made a spot for one of the top places I have been to the past 11 months and 15 or so days. I had some great company and saw a ton of animals. Okay...a ton might be a slight exaggeration. Remember to take in consideration that men like to double the size and amount of almost everything...so I actually saw a 1/2 ton of animals. From the anacondas, caiman, pink crusty ill looking dolphins, colorful birds, not so colorful birds, frogs that lived in the shower and toilet that enjoyed traumatizing my friend to the three legged turtle with some extremely sharp nails and the capybara which I think the largest living rodent in the world who looked like a guinea pig on steroids...it all totaled a 1/2 ton of animals.

I even had the rare opportunity to feel like a hero, saving the life of an iguana that was too slow from a dog that had a death grip around its neck as I chased it through the fields of ticks. Later the next day I saw that the dog grabbed a baby capybara to fill his appetite instead of the iguana as his drug it though the fields with its umbilical cord and placenta still on its body. I will have to next time perhaps just turn my head...or pull out my camera for some good photos.

1 comment:

  1. awww, poor lil baby capybara. big ol' rodents. hey, at least you saved the iguana and got yourself some helpful ticks to pluck off, right?

    love these animal adventures!
    e-

    ReplyDelete