Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Temporary Memory Loss

April 20th, 2010: The past few days I have been enjoying myself as I legally smother my friend Genny and her son Samu. Thankfully it is not the type of smothering that will result in doing time in a Colombian prison. Tomorrow I will make my way over to her house where she said she was going to forget how to speak English. Thankfully this is not because she is going to purposely sustain a head injury causing a temporary memory loss, it is meant to help me out with my Spanish. I tried to slip in asking if she can miraculously be cured when I ask a question about how to say something in Spanish and she said, "no." So I guess tomorrow, I will not be saying much except for things such as: Do you live here?, I like coffee, you dog is really cute and...so what do we get for ten dollars? (saying from the film, Full Metal Jacket) - laughing.

When my Spanish get to a certain level, forget teaching English. I am going to get a job as a Colombian security guard which seem to be on every street corner. At that time I will make the decision on what type of weapon I would like to carry. Will it be a nice shinny shotgun as I wait to put a few holes in a person who decides to perform a random act of violence? Or will I choose close combat and have only a club so I can happily perform a Rodney King type beat down on any offender whether it be jaywalking or littering? And when I get my key to the city of Medellin (do cities even do this anymore?) I will have to thank Genny for teaching me, "Nobody move, nobody get hurt." (famous rapper, Eazy-E)

1 comment:

  1. Todavía dan las llaves de la ciudad...Hey, cuadno volvés a Medellín?? Dónde estás?

    ReplyDelete