Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Priceless Scent

April 13th,2010: Slipping into my 4 bed dorm room to go to sleep, there was an amazingly foul odor seeping from a dirty towel right next to my backpack that smelled like a set of moist dirty twins. I think the longer I travel the more sensitive my nose is becoming. This could be a miracle to some but to me...it is just not good timing. Laying in my bed and closing my eyes it felt like I was in some unkept locker room at the local gym for the homeless. If women love the smell of a mens locker room with a hint of stray cat that likes that likes to use under the bed for an improvised litter box...then this is great, because now all of my belongings have this priceless scent no perfume company or actor would ever endorse.

Coming here to my hostel, so appropriately named the Black Sheep which I stayed at almost a year ago...I was hoping that it stopped shedding it´s hair. Looking at the bathroom shower drain it looks like a sheep somehow got itself into the shower as it dropped its thick winter coat. Pushing the hairy mass to the side with my protective sandals, I safely took my shower to strip my skin of my freshly acquired scent.

Colombia...I might just stay awhile, but just not at this hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment