Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Local or Loco

April 15th, 2010. My friend Genny last night informed me that I looked like this guy on this childrens TV program we were watching. It was some skinny english man with lots of hair and he seemed to bounce around the show as if he was on crack showing children on how to make interesting things such as finger puppets and bombs. Couldnt I have looked like Van Diesel, Justin Timberlake or even Ice Cube? Was this a hidden compliment? Hmm.

Simulating speaking like this crack addict in English with my mouth opening so wide as if I was in a wind tunnel, I had to laugh at myself, later switching to Spanish over emphasizing every word thinking it was even more funny - but, then Genny interrupted me telling me that I sounded really good and this is how I need to speak spanish. "Huh?" I thought. I know I need to open my mouth more and to emphasize words when speaking, but that much? Okay, if this is the case...lesson #1: I need to emphasize my words and open my mouth more - or...know when Genny is joking around with me.

Perhaps I will take lesson #1 to the street today and test it out. Here they will either think I am a local...or loco.

No comments:

Post a Comment