Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Preparing for war with Venezuela?

April 12th, 2010: I entered Venezuela a few months ago as if I was preparing for war and it ended up being more like summer camp. I think the most dangerous part of my trip to this beautiful country was walking on a dirt road one day without my sandals on as my baby soft foot pads absorbed every jagged stone - or the time I shared a bottle of soda with some of my friends who could possibly have been a carrier of the ever so dangerous relationship breaker herpes virus type ABCDEFG.

Today I left Venezuela and stepped on Colombian soil at 1515hrs and it strangely felt like I was home. Each time I come through here my passport is kissed with the ink...which is made in China, as I am kindly greeted by immigration. Colombia...I am happy to say that I think I might just stay a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment