Friday, April 9, 2010

Next time I need to...read

April 8th, 2010: The next time I head to a town in the Andes I must not assume that it is going to be some cute little scenic retreat from the big city. I must honestly say that I was disappointed after passing all these beautiful scenic villages with my face plastered to the window not sure if the one I was passing though was the town I was trying to get to, Merida. Thinking that that this place was at most 12-15 thousand people ended up being 350,000. Staring out my window I passed a McDonalds...and for once...I was not "lovin it."

Tomorrow I will leave this city to do some hiking and head to the small villages where all of the tourist stands are selling a wide array of souvenirs items made by the locals...and China.

1 comment:

  1. it never ceases to amaze me that it's nearly impossible to hide from The Golden Arches anywhere in the developed world. Sigh.
    Xo,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete