Friday, January 8, 2010

I believe in miracles!

December 24th, 2009: I saw a miracle today with my very own eyes!!!!! It was performed by an everyday teenager on his motorcycle taxi. A 300+pounder man with a gigantic butt that could devour a baby mounted his motorcycle wanting to be taken to some unknown destination. The bike almost performed a wheelie without moving. The driver of the motorcycle looked at me, wanting to laugh as I smiled back internally dying inside as he slowly rolled away into the distance swerving left to right not knowing if he ever made it.

I enjoyed Christmas at my friend’s family’s house in Santa Marta. They celebrate Christmas here on the 24th. Starting the eating festivities at around 8:30pm, I could only make it till 1:30am going to bed much earlier than the group I was with who was averaging 60 years old. The only excuse I could come up with was that I only had 2.5 hours sleep the night before (went out to the bars with some backpackers…wanting to come back early but stayed out to do some needed research on what happens in Colombia at 3:30am).

1 comment: