Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hot Shower!

January 14th, 2010: Pulling back the shower curtain, I see two knobs. Strange, I thought since I havnt seen a hot water shower or hot water on my body for over 1.5 months. A spark of hope came to me. Turning on the water with one of the knobs, it was cold. Thinking that it was another trick shower I turned on the other knob just to do it. Hearing the water pressure get stronger, I stuck my hand in the water, holding it there with my heart beginning to race - for those who know me...I am known to take hour long showers practically living in there at times. Thinking I might no longer be feeling icy water, I began to get excited. The water became hotter and hotter to the point of melting flesh off my skin. Today was a GREAT night, reminding me of all the luxurys back at home that I would take for granted. Tonight I had to dig deep to justify taking a nice long shower in the mountains which there is a water shortage...but I did it, thinking that it is better to have a happy person instead of a dead person.

No comments:

Post a Comment