Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cruising in a Caprice Classic

January 17th, 2010: Cruising in a 1973 or 1980 Caprice Classic - I have no idea - along the hillside floating above the massive potholes with suspension that no longer exists in modern day automobiles, happy memories came to me. Sitting in the front blue velvet seat barely being able to see over the dashboard without my seatbelt on, it brought back memories of my brother´s and his friends gas guzzling battleships when I was younger. With the windows down and my hand holding onto the stub of what was once a holder for the mirror, we traveled back to Coro to transfer to a bus and to another bus and whatever else it takes to make it the our next destination.

I am now traveling with a Swiss guy and a woman from Holland - that seem to debate as if they were in bad marriage. Tonight, there was only a matramonial room available. So I called the floor and they get the bed since I am up till the wee hours of the morning and wake up before they even think about getting up.

1 comment:

  1. yikes, they don't sound fun. oh well, company is company out there in the wilds, eh? sounds like you're keeping on keeping on, yes? take care,
    elise

    ReplyDelete