Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fu#ky Fu#ky...

January 12th, 2010: Meeting a mother and a daughter combo the other day, myself and two others ended up going out with them to the ocean with their family paying them for the transport instead of a tour agency of an area you can not get to by public transport. The mother was clearly trying to give her daughter away to someone and was quite discusting about it as she would go, "Fu#ky Fu#ky" to my friend who was already actively trying to practice making babies with her daugher and now has full parental consent. Not concerning me, I sat as I watched what was unfolding before my eyes in back of a beaten up pickup truck as we had an excellent tour for 1/3 the cost. From singing songs in the back to being obnoxiously immature about donkeys, I could not believe on how crazy traveling just became.

Going to the womans brothers house after seeing some flamingos and a beautiful sunset to teach us how to make empanadas...is when everything got really...interesting. Noting feeling good about this decision, I went anyways. Going down all of these dark desolete back roads, I would have thought it was time for our soon to be limp mutalated bodys to be dumped at the side of the road. Instead of being feed to nature we safely make it to the ancient ranch with not another house in sight. Taking a tour around the place they had a large range of animals. From dogs to several extra large man eating pigs - not to mention a brothel of donkeys - and yes, I did ask her if guys in Venezuela are known to lose there virginity to donkeys such as in the north coast of Colombia and she confirmed it informing me she could find me one if I wanted to try it - where is PETA when you need them for real world issues.

Now that the woman had her 18 year old daughter thrown at a potencial one night husband, she began to hunt for herself. I could feel the akwardness as she would make these crude sexual packed jokes. She then went for it telling me she liked me. Not knowing what to say, I just said I didnt understand hoping she was not going to say it again. Then she had my freind translate to me what I already knew. I said thank you and didnt know how to say, I was not interested in a fhilthy woman who would encourages her daughter to be a slut all day. My friend told me to be nice about it but I just thought thank you was good enough. She did not give up on me and later to me she began to pump her fists saying "Fu#ky Fu#ky". I guess I am not use to women being so aggressive, needing to leave right away.

She wanted us to spend the night and I said I had to go back with my friend Tim as the my other friend, Ben decided to stay with her daughter which was obvious. Her brother was now not going to drive us back to Coro for free since I did not want to make a personal payment plan with his sister. He decided to pull rate out of his behind and charge us $100 Bolivars each when the entire tour was about $36.50 Bolivars. But, he did say if I would spend the night a bus convienently passes right by his house at 4am. I felt as if he was trying to trap me for his desperate sister. Willing to walk through the desert with no water to I dont know where...the debate began trying to get us back to my hostel. Eventually I thought he folded but it ended up that he just took my friend and I to a cab station not to our hostel. I led the debate as we sat in the back of the pickup bed since the guy I was with only knew how to say hello in Spanish and a few other words.

After the words cleared we took a cab saving money, with this experience adding to the excitement level of the perfect trip that was getting better and better as the night grew older. I did learn something important today...to not relax so much and let not let others do the negociating.

Having to clear a military checkpoint were told that we needed to exit the car. The large powerful looking man kindly asked for our identification. Handing my passport over to him I smiled and kindly spoke to him. Looking at my stamps he handed my passport back and we had a small conversation in English. When finished he shook our hands and welcomed us to Venezuela.

The past two days I have felt no aggressiveness toward me for any reason. Okay, I had someone who tried to get a few extra bolivars off me but that is just a part of traveling and he was never agressive or rude about anything. In the street people will go out of their way to help me and nothing changes when I tell them where I am from. It seems like the younger people really like to see travelers wanting photos with us to saying a few words in english as we pass eachother in the streets too those being all the way across the street. I must say the South American Hospitality has not changed much in this wonderful country.

1 comment:

  1. Anthony,
    My name is Pastor Donald Wolan and I am a Pastor in the Detroit Area. Your parents have been attending my church for over a year and recently showed me your blog site. (Very interesting)! I have heard many wonderful stories (and some not so wonderful) about your travels. I guess Marco Polo and the Apostle Paul have nothing on your adventures. I just wanted to drop you a short note and let you know that you are in our prayers. Watch out for virgin donkeys or any other animal (including humans) that may be in heat! Your parents look forward to seeing you again and constantly speak about you. Take care of yourself and may God direct your every step.
    May God bless you and keep you safe!
    Pastor Don

    ReplyDelete