Saturday, October 15, 2011

What is the purpose of a mirrored ceiling?

October 13, 2011:  Arriving in the big port town named Porto Alegre in the wee hours of the morning, I did one of my, to date…most impressive museum marathons, visiting 8 museums and saw a few other cultural points of interest in only one day.  I was focused on getting out of this town, due to not making a reservation before arriving; I was forced to stay in a room outside my budget.
 
There were other options on where I could stay…such as the hotel that has an hourly rates and daily rates.  But the weekend was approaching and I thought it would be wise to pay a few extra dollars to help minimize the late night musical choir of moaning and groaning coming not from my room, but from the rooms above, below and the right and left of me.  Also, what is the purpose of a mirrored ceiling when all you can do is look at yourself?

Feeling the price shock of Brazil…I am currently trying to do what I do best…adapt.  The food and accommodations are so expensive, no wonder why certain tribal people in the Amazon region live in huts and eat McHumans!

No comments:

Post a Comment