Thursday, October 27, 2011

In true man form

October 27, 2011:  While tramping around the UNESCO World Heritage site of Ouro Preto, I found myself climbing on a lot of steep stoned streets clinging to the hills sides.  With a miniature map that didn’t make sense and was probably created by a 3rd grader for a school project, I would visit some of these hills more often than I cared to.

My strategy when approaching these hills was different than the locals.  I would put my head down and go straight up without stopping, passing people along the way of all fitness levels who also had the same objective.  When reaching the top, I would feel as if I was about to die from exhaustion – pretending I was not out of breath, as I would wobble a bit from side to side, hoping I would not pass out as I attempted regained full consciousness.  This all played out in true man form.

No comments:

Post a Comment