Friday, October 21, 2011

Photographs and Prostitutes

October 21, 2011: Today’s I was at the Luz metro station experimenting with shutter speed on my camera as the trains would come and go.  As this was taking place, I noticed a large number of sketchy looking guys around me – causing me to wrap the strap of my camera a few more times around my hand just in case they might be out shopping for a new camera.  
Not long after, I realized why there was such a large group of men…people watching.  They were not interested in my camera or photography or people watching, they were more into interested into dancing horizontally with the freelance entrepreneurs who were working the area - not that the vertical dance won’t be performed by the more creative and stronger men and flexible women.
These entrepreneurs were not your normal scantily dressed prostitutes who wore tattered clothes as they lurked around the station.  If the station was a junkyard these women could be classified as junkyard prostitutes - ones with much too much junk in the trunk and under the hood…with more than likely some mold in the interior.
Now, as I was looking around the metro station with a new set of eyes, I noticed that there were immediately available women everywhere.  They stood in doorways, on the stairs, walking around cat calling the men and making obnoxious noises to get the attention of potential plumbers.  Being approached by an old Grandmother I didn’t quite understand what she was saying, but I didn’t need to know nor need to translate what she was saying…it was obvious.  Serving more men than some small town McDonalds, she wanted McLovin at the value menu price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment