Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Vomit Sandwich

October 8th, 2009: Sitting on a bench seat on a 3 hour boat ride from Isabella Island to Santa Cruz Island, I was fortunate enough to seat between two people with stomachs that didn’t appreciate the rough sea. I originally thought the man to my right was eating something due to the smell that drifted over to my nasal passages and when I looked over, I realized that my guess was slightly off since he wasn’t eating anything but was producing something that was eaten. Looking over to my left I came to the realization that I was involuntarily involved in a real life vomit sandwich as a woman had a black bag sealed to her face making a deposit. Handing the woman a moist wipe the side of her face, I closed my eyes as I turned up the volume to my music, hoping my hearing damage will be minimal as I tried to muffle the noises around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment