Sunday, December 27, 2009

I officially dedicate today to be…

October 16th, 2009: Staying at a family’s house outside the town of San Jose de Alban, I had the opportunity to make some bread…by hand. Never again will I barter for bread trying to get it $0.50 cheaper of the already ridiculously low prices. A 55+ year old woman and myself took turns spinning this wooden non-electric kitchen utensil between our hands, looking as if we were attempting to start a fire at the bottom of this humongous bowl with a billion egg whites.

Pretending that it was not that difficult, I was exhausted thinking that this woman had some nicely hidden muscles behind her excess flab. I can control how I look, but unfortunately it is not possible for me to control how much sweat is to be released and the ability to keep my baby soft hands from getting blisters. Today I am grateful that I was raised in such a physically lazy society that kept one of these wooden hand mixers out of my draw of kitchen utensils. I officially dedicate today to be…Electronic Kitchen Appliance Day, to appreciate the inventors of time and calorie saving appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment