Friday, December 25, 2009

Facial Leak

October 14th, 2009: Waking up in the morning on the top bunk, I look down and see a young Israeli man in a thin sheet curled in the fetal position looking as if he was left to die in base camp at Mount Everest. I felt bad because I was nice and warm under my blankets next to the window which I opened last night - which is not a common thing for me to do but a situation arose that it became necessary for my own survival.

Waking up at about 2am, I noticed a smell. Thinking that it was a strange smell, I inhaled again, having trouble identify what it was. Thinking that it was kind of late to be eating, I discovered what was going on underneath my bunk as soon as I was coherent enough to understand what was being said. The girl below me who was drinking earlier seemed to have consumed too many beverages as she sprung a leak in her bed soaking everything in a 1.5 foot radius around her facial opening.

The Israeli helping her is the definition of a true gentleman because he wanted nothing from her since he already swapped spit with another girl from a few beds down, not to mention on who would want to swap anything with someone who obviously needed to brush her teeth and the pull the mess out of her hair besides a rapist? He did not just help out vomit girl last night by assisting her in covering the moist bed with toilet paper but also gave her his blanket so she would be warm after discarding her soiled blanket in the corner of our room. I need to write his Israeli mother for raising such a fine son. As for myself…when I was hearing what was going on, I relied on my iPod to muffle unwanted noises - I have little sympathy for over consumers. The odor was so strong that putting the blankets over my head didn’t filter the odor, opening the window as I went back to sleep…hoping that she didn’t fill my shoes or backpack that laid next to her during her uncontrollable outbursts - figuring that it was too late now to do anything about it. What have I done to be around so many people that perform this type of activity at such close proximity?

No comments:

Post a Comment