Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Would you like some Cockroach’s with your coffee?

July 2, 2011: Eating a late lunch after a 12 hour night bus to Posadas, a border town next to Paraguay, I decided to skip a solid dinner and enjoy a liquid dinner. My dinner consisted of cup of coffee, while Cecile ate an excitingly healthy salad containing loads of nasty tomatoes and green stuff at this Italian restaurant.

During Cecile’s meal, she looked up at me a bit terrified, telling me that there was something big on my arm. Looking over, it happened to be a nice sized cockroach enjoying an elevated view of the dinner table as I drank my coffee. Brushing it off onto the floor, she scurried under one of the tables. At first, I thought that the cockroach might have fell on me while this homeless man handing out cards for money. I then noticed that the cockroach’s child was looking at me, at about eye level on the wall, waving its antennas as it tried to communicate with me…perhaps upset that I interrupted its class on the art of begging from foreigners.

The rest of the evening, I happened to feel like an imaginary jungle gym for the cockroach community as my mind would falsely sense them crawling up under my pants on the back of my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment