Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My two high pitched squealing backpacking lesbian roommates…

July 2, 2011: I have a feeling that I might have been traveling for so long I am having a hard time distinguishing the difference between traveling and living. One week has passed and not much feels mentally different from here (Argentina) or there (United States) – besides the native language being Spanish and that I had two high pitched squealing backpacking lesbian roommates, I so happened to walk in on the other day while they were performing a metallic bond under the pile of blankets in my dorm room.

Traveling with a lot more clothes now than before my break, I find that I am wearing the same stuff even more now than before. It has been over one week and I am still wearing the same pair of pants and socks (miraculously passing the smell test) and just changed into my second t-shirt two days ago (which unfortunately for others, didn’t pass the smell test – even after day one). Being the excellent problem solver that I am, I changed deodorant and the problem was fixed – maybe – just maybe, I should use this example to show my problem solving abilities during an interview when I decide to get back to the workforce.

From now on, I should be getting at least 5 days wear out of each shirt – reducing labor and reducing the harmful chemicals that are emitted into the environment every time an item is washed, thus reducing my carbon print –blah – blah – blah. For everyone who knows me…yes, I am lying…it is more about the cost of someone washing my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment