Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jumped out of a moving bus with Nitros

July 16, 2011: After seeing the 2nd largest dam in the world outside Ciudad del Este, I was on the hunt for the 2nd largest dam chicken in the city, Ciudad del Esta. Since Paraguay is the second most poorest country in South America, it seems that economically challenged countries naturally contain plenty of economical roadside rotisserie chicken restaurants. They sort of complement each other. I will turn Colonel Sanders and his mutated beasts at Kentucky Fried Chicken down any day for some local home grown chicken – without the hormones.

For some odd reason, when you desire something…it is plentiful. But, when it is time to act on your desires…you can’t find it. Walking everywhere in this town, I found nothing but a place with something that resembled a dried shriveled granny chicken.

Pretty much giving up, on the bus back to my hotel, I noticed a few rows of chickens speared horizontally. Quickly telling Cecile, we somewhat quickly decided to exit the moving bus…but I did so without telling the driver. Dropping someone off moments prior…I didn’t want to bother the driver to have him stop again, so I happened to make it out the door in stunt man fashion. It seemed as if the driver just pushed the Nitrous Oxide button under his dash prior to me taking my last step off bus. I somehow landed in a forced run, inches from some raised cement pylons - potentially painful raised cement pylons. Cecile was smart enough to wait for our driver to stop.

Mental Note: Don’t jump out of a moving bus…that has Nitrous Oxide.

No comments:

Post a Comment