Sunday, July 31, 2011

Girl pulls up her shirt in bed to show me her two stars

July 28, 2011: I wasn’t going to post anything about the girl the other morning that showed me her 2 stars after lifting up her shirt – but, I just decide to modify my journal entry a bit and post it.

At 8am I shut off my alarm and headed to breakfast – after 30 minutes of pushing snooze. When I returned I noticed one of my 3 other roommates who got in quite late was awake. Sitting up to talk to me, she seemed to have been still impaired from a late night of celebrating her birthday that understandably morphed into an early morning.

She told me that she was worried about me since she saw that my bed was made, thinking that I never made it back from the Brazilian embassy yesterday. After about 40 seconds of conversation, she got all excited and wanted to show me “them” – I will take full blame…I asked if I could see them. Then there she went reaching for the bottom of her shirt and pulling it up and over “them”…her tattoos. She didn’t just have one star…she had two of them.

What is it about girls these getting stars? When I was younger I saw constellations of stars all the time while looking through the magazines my friend’s parents hid throughout the house – though they were so inappropriately photo shopped, covering the main thing a boy wants to see – needing to leave everything up to my imagination.

Now it seems to me that the star tattoo is becoming quite a popular tattoo, taking over the infamous red rose, tribal tattoo, barbed wire and even the Chinese signs. The advantage to the star though is that it has no boundaries. They find their way on chests, necks, backs, backsides, wrists and even the face such as the Belgian 18 year old decided to do one thoughtless night. She was a quitter thought…she stopped at a mere 56 stars.

Yes, I saw stars today, but today, I just saw two. I don’t think I will never understand tattoos…but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

(star photo pulled from http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/9062/girl-has-56-stars-tattooed-on-face/)

No comments:

Post a Comment