Sunday, July 10, 2011

A few months ago I hiked with Jesus…today I saw Jesus

July 5, 2011: About 6 months ago in the Lakes district of Chile I met a man that looked like Jesus and hiked with him (BLOG POST: Hiking with Jesus). The past 2 days, I have been exploring the ruins of the Jesuit missions in Argentina and Paraguay and the last place I went to see, happened to be, Jesus. As with most ruins…I am glad that I saw them, but I don’t get too excited over small amounts of rubble that you have to put heavy amounts upon your imagination.

Meeting a young woman who didn’t have enough of the local currency to see Jesus after visiting the ruins in Trinidad…I exchanged some money for her so that we could all see Jesus together. Estimating her age and by what gravity has not yet done to her, I would say that she was about 20 years old. This person should be a role model for other young women that you can travel alone. But if you do decide to travel alone…you can follow her footsteps but don’t follow her actions. Such as…carrying around your laptop under your arm while exploring in a protective sleeve, or say…leave it on some stairs while you look around the ruins expecting that nobody will happily borrow it.

I am unable to give her the gift of common sense, but I did ask her if she owned a backpack for her computer hoping that it would, compute.

No comments:

Post a Comment