Thursday, October 14, 2010

I was hit by…

October 14th, 2010: Last week I was hit by a HSB (human speed bump) that ran across the main street of Samaipata. The human speed bump looks just like an automotive speed bump with the sole purpose to slow things down. Not seeing it, the HSB came from nowhere…as I suddenly felt a pain shooting through my ankle. I did not know the severity of the injury until later…as it began to get worse and worse as each day passed. I am now unable to walk much unless I want to walk with a painful obnoxious limp. I must stress that is not a cool looking MTV gangsta limp…it is more like a blue automotive license plate qualifying limp or the, I have something stuck in my rectum limp.

Adapting, I have shifted the way I am exploring Bolivia until I get better. With my body being about as useful as a…(Blank) year old man, I am now having to travel like one…taking a lot of taxis and only leaving the hostel to get something to eat, hoping on a miraculous recovery that will take place in the next few days before my friend comes to visit. Bringing me a football…a real college football (not a soccer ball), how am I suppose to teach the youth of South America like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment