Thursday, October 14, 2010

Donkey research continues…

October 6th, 2010: During the Che tour, besides taking notes for work…I decided to continue my personal research about donkeys here in Bolivia - more specifically...donkey lovin. Knowing that is takes place in the countryside of Colombia, Venezuela, and Peru I need to know how far south this type of activity takes place in case PETA or some other organization would ever be interested into shifting their efforts in saving innocent donkeys virginity from horny boys and men.

Asking the tour guide Marteen, who moved here from Denmark about 3 years ago ended up not being a very good person to ask. He has never heard about the phenomenon. That is fine but how he looked at me after I asked the question, I thought now that he might think that it was me who is into donkey lovin. I should have said nothing…but it was too late, the words were already out and there was no way I could take them back unless I quickly gave him a major head injury so it would be possible that the short term memory loss he would suffer might encompass our last conversation – but, I couldn’t do it…he was too nice.

So the rest of the conversation about this subject was trying to make sure he didn’t think I was here to exploit donkeys. In the evening I could see that he kept a careful eye on me. Perhaps it was due to his concern for the donkeys, or that…he wanted…seconds.

This was a minor setback but my research will continue. Mental note: be more careful when doing donkey research, asking only the toothless locals that are live in the countryside…not the expats. FYI: me profiling the toothless locals is not due to their economic situation…it is because perhaps at one point they lost grip and took a kick to the mouth, being a more credible source for my research project.

No comments:

Post a Comment