Thursday, October 14, 2010

18 hour shift…and no pay

October 11th, 2010: The typical small unpaid employees of the South American bus system filled my bus on my 18 hour trip back to La Paz. Sometimes I go on murderous rampages killing them…squashing them with my fingers and for the more meaty ones I will pull any random worthless pieces of paper that somehow fill my pockets between washings…sometimes surprising me on how long I...umm…carried the paper.

But today, I decided to not be the executioner and let these cockroaches live as long as they stayed on the windows and walls. To not encourage them to work around me, I limited my food intake keeping them from even needing to be near me hoping they would clean up the crumbs around someone else and the buffet they unintentionally laid out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment