Friday, May 7, 2010

If I wanted some tongue, I would rather not pay for it

May 7th, 2010: As usual...Genny`s father, Mr. Perez and I typically go to lunch, eat at the restaurant and bring back some food for the inmates - meaning Genny and Samu. I don't typically say much while eating since Genny´s dad does not speak English but today throughout the entire meal I could not wipe the smile off my face as I would stare at his food. Hopefully he does not now think I am somewhat strange.

When ordering I try to make things really simple and if I don't understand what in on the menu, I will always go for chicken - I don't think it is possible to mess up chicken no matter how it is prepared. Looking at what Mr. Perez ordered, I couldn't stop staring. It was a huge tongue stretched across his plate. When he cut into it looked like how meat suppose to look, but on the outside,it is obvious that it was a huge tongue. Disgusting, I thought...happily consuming my chicken, briefly wondering if the tongue too tasted like chicken. Today was not a day for experimenting...figuring, if I wanted some tongue, I would rather not pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment