Thursday, May 13, 2010

Holy Sock!

May 12th, 2010: In the process of trying to see everything and everyone before leaving Medellin, it seems that I might have prematurely worn out my socks from all of the walking. I am not sure how the holes on the tops of the socks appeared but they miraculously appeared - HOLY SHIGHT!!!! - I mean holy sock!! I just noticed this...my left sock looks just like the Virgin Mary!! It is happened...she answered my prayers and visited me verifying it by means of my socks (quite a creative women that Mary is) and left an imprint of her face right on the top of it!

For anyone who is an active Ebay user, please contact me right away. I can see it right now, selling for thousands - any idiots out there looking to purchase a holy sock now before it goes to the highest bidder?

The other day I started to complete my "to visit" list and went to some gardens, observing some ducks getting molested by a mass of drunken teenagers at the pond. I also enjoyed my visit to an art museum named Perez Something and a cemetary also named Perez Something (everyone has Perez Something in there name so it seems). Some of the boxes here with bodies or ashes in them I suppose were so high up the wall, I am not sure how you can enjoy looking at your dead family or friend who is at such great heights in these cement capsules. To me, it is sort of like going to a high-rise building, picking out a boarded up window and saying...my grandmothers body is in there.

To finish up the day I did some grueling exercise and walked up the hillsides where all of the economically challenged live to add a bit of excitement to my life. Getting into sections that I felt I might be making an involuntary donation of my Ipod and camera...I decided to turn back. In the next day or so I am going to head back to the hillsides and attempt to lose a few inches in height to help blend in with the locals and attempt to get lost in the narrow passageways and streets. This might be a difficult task because it is hard to get lost when all you have to do it head downhill...but somehow I always seem to find a way.

My next visit to this area, my camera or anything worth taking will not be joining me. If someone wants my shoes that the soles are falling off, dirty underwear or even the shirt off my back...I will happily hand them over, folded. But if someone even thinks about taking my holy sock...there might be a problem...a big problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment