Friday, May 7, 2010

A Catastrophic Event

May 7th, 2010: Helping Genny relax a bit I decided to watching the 88 week old Samu...yep, 88 weeks (give or take a few days). Under my supervision he had an accident. An accident does not even effectively begin to describe this catastrophic event. Standing there I noticed an odor seeping out of his white Mickey mouse pajamas.

I assumed that he pooped his pants. Not a big deal I thought...he is okay squishing around in them for an hour or so until Genny woke up. Then I notice he was not supporting the typical bulky padded look around his lower disposal zones. Afraid to touch him with my hands to confirm this, I used my foot to give him a poke to his butt and then I discovered, that he was going commando. At that very moment I think I caused the leak to increase in severity as he now stood there with pee rushing almost unprotected out of the front of the pajamas and into his Mickey Mouse boots.

Thinking that is was a good time to wake Genny up...I decided not to and to watch Samu completely. So I tried to put him inside the laundry sink as he made a nice shape of a cat, unable to put him in the 3 foot deep tiled sink.

I must have been pure entertainment for the housekeeper who was watching me as she ironed clothes. In the back of my head I was thinking that if cleaning babies and there poopy pants is a task that she is required to do if told to do so. Not having time to go into telling her I needed help or asking her how much it would cost me to clean Samu up, I continued to tried to put Samu in the sink as he tried to touch me with his hands which where now covered in a fecal matter. My strength increased 10 fold as I held him straight out without the slightest shakes from the weight load.

Finally in the sink I was able to get him to play in the water a bit as it was now clumped on his behind, chest and feet. I hoped that he would play in the water for such an extended period it would just eventually break free. It was not going to happen. Taking a rag I dabbed him and then took a deep breath after putting a massive amount of cloth washing soap on my hands (didn't have regular bath soap handy at that moment) and squinted as I quickly went over his body breaking free the sticky substance. While doing this Samu tryed to grab his pants that rested next to the sink and there I saw the aftermath - I almost vomited at the sight and gagged for a second before I was able to block it out.

Once Samu was finished, I was going to leave the pants...but as I said, I wanted to help Genny and watch Samu completely - not just when the times are good. Again I began to gag as I shook of some off the poop and swished it down the drain. When finished, I was able to sit down to attempt to forget about what just happen as the smell of poop lingered in the air. It either absorbed in my skin or I was hit and didn't know it.

I don't know how parents do it. Perhaps it is easier when you start off doing this stuff when the kids are small along with the packages they so ungratefully deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment