Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Priceline.com are LIARS!

June 30th, 2011: At 1:21am while laying in comforts of my bed on a nice dose of Vicodin - happily supporting the pharmaceutical industry, I did some research to see the going rate of airfare to visit some friends in the US prior to going back to South America. Still not feeling well from my surgery, I was teetering on the imaginary fence on whether I should or shouldn’t go to concrete urban jungle of New York City, deciding to leave it up to Priceline.com to make the decision for me.

Seeing that Priceline.com was advertising that you can get up to 50% off airfare…I thought that I would place a bid for more than 50% off thinking that no airline would accept it, giving me the satisfaction of trying - sort of trying is more like it. Typing in a price that I was willing to pay, I clicked on the icon to place this ridiculous bid. The computer started to churn, making me think that I was definitely going to get rejected…confirming that I should be staying home to continue building my internal army of white soldiers to fight off infections and my internal non-unionized construction company to patch up my wounds.

The results were in…my bid was – accepted!? “What?!” I thought. Priceline lied to me…they led me to believe that they offer rates that are up to 50% off…not over 50% off. Giving them my credit card information prior to my bid, I was unable to retract it and get my money back. Happily but hesitantly, Priceline.com made my decision for me…I will be leaving in 3 days for a 12 day trip to New York City!

No comments:

Post a Comment