Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sodaholic

September 17th, 2010: Going out this Friday night…way past my bedtime, I hit the streets for a diet soda…not just a diet soda…a 1.5 liter diet soda. Who wants to go dancing and clubbing when you can sit in your room drinking a nice luke warm beverage? Walking and walking and walking…I couldn’t find my fix anywhere. I ran across people selling beer, regular soda, cocaine, pot, a woman who was renting her private parts, a tank, and an arms dealer who had a special - an Uzi and an AK-47 for the price of one. All this – at least some of it…and I could not find…a lousy diet soda. Making it to this one street…I remembered my guide book telling me it is not a safe place to be and even more now that is was so late. I could not turn back…I was committed to providing my body with the nourishment it needed from the healthy chemicals that composes diet soda. Putting my hand in my pocket, I held onto my pocketknife ready to slice/dice and even mince anyone who was going to come between me and my fix.

With some guidance from some small time soda dealers on the street…I came across a proper soda dealer. Getting my fix I sort of quickly made it back to my hotel - after stopping at a hair salon that was open at 10pm. Strange to be open so late on such a random street…but to me, this was a sign…a sign that I am not meant to have head hair anymore. Going in I sat down and was skinned for about $1.30USD. I was about to get up prior to the sheering but I was now committed sitting in the chair. I am now once again a nonracist skinhead. I would like to have said to my friends that wanted me to grow my hair out, that I had to much soda and not claim responsibility for my actions - but I did it with a level head…just tired of thinking that if I just let it grow just a little more…It will look better.

One day when I get myself a girlfriend and if she wants a comb over, I will give it to her…a back to front comb over, left to right, or right to left comb over…but until then…I will keep my hair low maintenance and keep on drinking whatever cancerous soda I please.

No comments:

Post a Comment