Thursday, September 9, 2010

So now where are the Titi’s

September 7th, 2010: Arriving in Bolivia yesterday afternoon and I already think I have fallen in love. I am now staying in my very own pink room and purple curtains with electricity for only $2.98USD per night. My place is only one block away from Lake Titicaca…what more can you ask for? Okay, I guess I could ask for the price to include some toilet paper or maybe a towel…and perhaps a shower with the knobs on the outside of the bathroom, not the inside. It is a bite awkward having to tap on the bathroom window when you are ready for the water and having someone in the hotel come up to the bathroom and turn on the water…and the same goes for when you are done, so that you can get dressed – all you do is tap on the window.

This place is a bit strange I suppose. Going to the toilet last night I walked into the tiny bathroom and there is a random soup sized bowl with a huge wet fecal deposit in it sitting in it right in front of the toilet bowl. In my way I cautiously picked it up…very very cautiously picked it up, to prevent it from coming over the sides and moved it outside sitting it on the bench next to the door – of coarse breathing through my nose to prevent any possibilities of gagging.

So now that I am at Lake Titicaca...I have seen the “caca.” So now where are the Titi’s?

1 comment:

  1. awwww, gross. why did i just read this before my morning coffee? congrats on reaching bolivia! i just got myself a real job, ick! :) happy to read your new posts! xo,
    e-

    ReplyDelete