Tuesday, January 17, 2012

There are boat capacities for reasons

January 17, 2012:  “When a boat can only fit a max of 6, why are we trying to fit 9?” I said to myself as we were piling in the bodies, about to set off into one of the small channels of the Delta outside Parnaiba.  Not knowing how unstable the boat was going to be prior to departing our main vessel, I had all 3 of my cameras with me and only one of them is waterproof.  

Our boat was so overcapacity, when anyone made a sudden or unexpected move, water would flood in from the sides.  Fortunately though, there was a man scooping water out the boat to help keep the water level in the inside from not getting as high as it was on the outside.  This really added to the excitement level on what could have been a peaceful float down the channel.  If I didn’t have so much photography equipment this would not have been a problem, but…I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment