Friday, November 11, 2011

My new favorite city of South America revealed!

November 11, 2011:  The past week I have moved out of Rio, which I must say is now listed as my favorite city in South America.  From the mountains, forests, beaches to clubs…there is something here for everyone.  If it wasn’t for having only a 6 month visa…I might have stayed a lot longer.
 
From Rio, I lugged it down to Isle Grande – reminding me how much I hate my backpack of bricks.  Making me look through it again for the 103rd time trying to find something that I can throw out or give away – but I couldn’t find anything. 

Visiting an enormous amount of beaches, they all began to look the same as I took a boat around the entire island doing a beach marathon with a group of others, visiting each beach for about 10 -15 minutes - not even getting a t-shirt after completing.  With no cars being on this island except for emergency vehicles, I made it nice to be able to gorge yourself at the dessert carts then roll yourself to your hostel or nearest toilet without the worries of traffic.   

My inability to make plans landed me homeless after 3 nights since it was an unknown to me that a holiday weekend was approaching.  With a population of 3,603 people and with about 3,600 pousadas, there was no availability for mangy backpackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment