Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Awkward moment

November 16, 2011:  I was picked up from the bus station from a man at a local tour agency to talk about a trip to the Pantanal and to stay at a nearby hotel.  I would not have gotten in the car with him if it wasn’t for the lady at the tourism office that suggested I speak to him.  Supporting some frightening tattoos with an ex-thug look, he was trying too hard to come across as friends.

When attempting to see me the trip he said that “The trip includes BLD” – hahahahahah he laughs extremely loud and for quite some time.  I did a courtesy laugh and he got serious, looking at me…”do you know what BLD means?”  No, I said.  He responded by saying, “Then why did you laugh?”  Umm…awkward moment as silence struck the room.

I ended up booking a tour with him anyhow since the price kept sliding lower and lower without me having to say anything.  It reached such a low amount, it really didn’t matter what I did there.  The best part is that…it includes BLD – ha – hee – ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment