Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cockroach on steroids!

November 27, 2011:  Sitting in my room in Cuiaba waiting for a group to form so that I can go to the Northern Pantanal at a group rate, not a private tour…I see a beast of a cockroach on steroids on the wall!  Running to my new bottle SBP insecticide…I didn’t have time to read the directions, cracking the childproof nozzle, spraying him as I was trying to shower him with love.  The beast was now on the move and seemed quite angry. With all of its legs pumping at full speed, he sprinted across the wall.  Following him as I prepared a shot when he was directly above me, I sprayed the son-of-a-snitch and there it went…the insecticide went right in my eye.  Not yet burning…I am figuring that I didn’t get enough in my eye to do and severe damage. 

The cockroach was still on the run as it was now vertical, showing me that cockroaches will live till the end of time because they can drink and even bathe in poison and be unfazed.  Now above me bed, I was concerned that he was going to drop or jump into my unopened arms.  I was committed to killing him.  Following him again with the now broken childproof nozzle, he continued to build speed.  Still unscathed by the heavy dousing, he got closer, closer, closer to my bed then - POOF!  He disappeared.  What the?!  I looked everywhere…through my sheets, under my bed, everywhere.  With my can of insecticide drawn…I could not find him.  It was as if he was Harry Houdini and magically disappeared.  Then, I saw a little hole after some extensive searching along the floor boards.  “No way” I thought.  Could he? 

No comments:

Post a Comment