Monday, June 27, 2011

Air travel + Volcanic ash = Free night stay on Airport floor

June 28th, 2010: The 3 hours that I needed to burn before my flight was to depart Atlanta to go to Buenos Aires, turned into an all nighter at the airport. You can’t beat that…a free night at the airport. It seems that the ashes from a volcano that erupted in Chile over 2 weeks ago is still causing some disruptions.

Standing in a line resembling in length of those during the Energy Crises or the Great Depression, we were issued a food voucher (2 for me…my smile earned me an extra one) and some free hygiene products in travel sizes that are portioned for the needs for someone who is the unfortunate size of an unborn fetus. It is good that they give us all deodorant to prevent the plane from smelling like a cattle truck, but I didn't have much need for the folding purple brush or XL t-shirt that could be used as a grown mans nightgown.

While in line, I met a woman from Argentina that has made this layover even better than it already was. If all goes well I will be in flying out at 7am. With a little rub of my rabbit’s foot…all should go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment