Monday, June 27, 2011

On the road again…almost.

June 27, 2011: On the road again…almost. I left Detroit, but I am not quite yet in Buenos Aires. Sitting at the airport in Atlanta, Georgia, I have 3 hours of my life to burn until I am officially back to being the butcher as I continue to hack up the Spanish language throughout my travels.

Sadly, one of my goals during my break was to study Spanish a few hours a day, but it ended up being at best, a few minutes a day - or till my legs became numb as I would multitask resting on the modified seat, in the restroom.

Today I left my childhood home in typical fashion…awake almost all night and not ready until 11 minutes after my intended departure. I thought that since I been home for a few months, I would have been ready days in advance, eating Bon Bons in 60’s-like fashion while I soak in a bath of dirty bubbles . It was a nice...thought.

Meeting up with my friend Cecile for a few weeks in Buenos Aires, I need to be extra aware of my surroundings and thievery since she has obviously been given a curse somewhere while living her life. Every vacation, there seems to be something that happens – in story-like fashion. It ranges from getting her backpack stolen twice at restaurants (a few days ago in Buenos Aires and her first time in Peru) to flying on a mechanically questionable plane that results in unexpected mid route hotel stay.

If we were traveling in the jungles of South America’s interior, I would recommend a visit to the village Shaman…but since we are not, I can only recommend the power of an unlucky one-legged rabbits foot or the possibility of subcontracting the use of someone else’s guardian angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment