Friday, December 16, 2011

Traveling to Hell by bus? if so, bring a jacket.

December 15, 2011:  I had a decent game of human pinball going on this morning as I bounced from the right to left side of the bus, attempting to get photos of Chapada dos Diamontes National Park while passing it at over 110+ km per hour.  There were so many nice rock formations and lush green foliage that covered hill after hill, it excites me that I will be coming back here in a few short days to explore it more fully.

The farther I traveled into the Brazilian interior the past few weeks, the more I noticed that the leg room on the buses have been steadily decreasing.  Surely I am not getting taller, so I am wondering if it is because the people are getting shorter or if the bus companies are simply trying to fit an extra row of seats in.
 
This 27 hour bus ride from Perinopolis to Salvador was another trip to strengthen my thoughts about why a conductor of a bus keeps the interior temperature so brutally cold.  When you no longer feel your hands and the bitter air in the cabin is clouding your thoughts, you’re obviously not going to have as much energy to be unruly when you are on the borderline of suffering from hypothermia. 

Mental note #273:  Bring jacket, hat and gloves for all future bus travel…no matter if I am traveling to the equator or to even Hell itself - the ride there would also be just as cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment