Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Perhaps driving a local bus in not his true calling

December 5, 2011:  When you have so much grass and open areas between the buildings, this gives the public bus drivers the opportunity to get up to great speeds.  Today I was showed how a full-sized Mercedes Benz bus could take a corner at high speeds without flipping.  The angle that the bus reached was beyond normal…thinking that we were going to flip as I grabbed onto the bar and instinctively got into a wider stance as the people in the aisles became a human wave going to one side of the bus grabbing what they could to prevent a human bus pile.  Within this spilt second or two or three…I had my whole emergency plan worked out when I thought the bus was going over.

My smile was big as I scanned the bus after successfully taking the curve, observing the others reactions to see if that was a normal turn or an extraordinary turn. They too were smiling looking around in amazement with the buses performance and driving skills of the mad man behind the wheel.  Even the hardened military boys in their uniforms that I thought might not be able to smile, cracked a big smile.

I think there are bus races somewhere in this world…perhaps driving a local bus in not the true calling for this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment