Saturday, December 3, 2011

I thanked God today for what I don’t have…

December 2, 2011:  Today I noted a pattern that I don’t seem to be thanking God enough for everything that I don’t have.  Instead I seem to be thanking him for what I do have, such as good health, a wonderful family, millions of pesos and other things.  So today I thanked God for my lagging sense of smell. 

I spent 20 hours on a bus to Brasilia that had a toilet that was either filled to the brim or hasn’t been emptied for days.  Only the women seemed to be the upset about it as the men just casually sat back letting them do the complaining.  This is could be because woman at a reproductive age are scientifically better than men at identifying specific smells in much lower concentrations…in this case being fecal matter.

Stopping at the bus company’s repair shop, a man entered the bus that had about half his butt crack exposed.  This had me thinking that he must have been a plumber, though I don’t know if he knew much about plumbing.  He was more like a magician as he waved the magic bottle of deodorizer spreading over half of it around the bus and walah – the smell magically disappeared for…20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment