Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The joys of killing a horse...in a batting stance.

January 11, 2011: On a tour of the outlying islands in Chiloe I found myself surrounded by about 20 horse flies wanting to tear through my clothes and violate me when I did nothing but take a few photos. I was not sure if I was in the middle of some herd initiation or if it was just that these horse flies have an uncontrollable temper without anyone there to discipline them. I was not going to go down without a fight, talking off my hat I did some batting practice on the scenic beach dazing some – surely killing others with the blunt force trauma I dished out like a cafeteria style cook.

I love the outdoors but when you add an abundant amount of annoying insects, it can make watching the Travel Channel on TV slouched on a comfy couch with a hand down the pants and the other with the remote seem much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment