Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Out and about in Margarita

February 2nd, 2010: no wonder why some kids have tantrums...they just don't have the vocabulary to say what the want. So they cry. I can verify the frustration as at times I feel as if I am never going to be able to speak spanish as a developed Cro-Magnon baby. It can make life exciting...but when it is not exciting, it is a little upsetting.

The Police here in Margarita seem to be not as friendly but still not bad. I feel like a kid, knowing the police suppose to be all big and tough as I attempt talking to them, smiling as they hold an expressionless face. Either they say nothing or just shake there heads up and down as the look forward with the dark tinted sunglasses on. They are probably thinking something is wrong with me because I suppose to be scared of them like everyone else.

Only in South America can you get on a full bus and have just enough space for one foot on the door platform as he pulls away to do his route. It is also nice to be able to get on and off whenever you want without having to wait for that designated bus spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment