Thursday, September 1, 2011

I am already bald and not 40…what more can I ask for?

September 1, 2011: My 39th birthday turned out to be a success. I am already bald and I am not 40…what more can I ask for? I received enough birthday greeting to outnumber the average number of junk mail I get every day in my hotmail account and spent plenty of hours on Skype with family and friends.

It is amazing how technology can make you not feel so far away. Those computer geniuses down in Silicon Valley even help me enjoy a piece of cake in Germany that I was able to blow out over Skype…sort of blow it. With my virtual cake and the piece my friend gave me here in Montevideo, I was able to rack up an ample amount of wishes today…I just now hope that at least 1 of the 4 comes true.

I hate looking forward to being a year older but next year will be my 40th birthday. It concerns me because I hear people at this age are susceptible to having a mid-life crisis. Worse case scenario…I guess in my case, a mid-life crisis means coming home and getting a job – it doesn’t sound all that bad - laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment