Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Now hiring: Toilet designer

August 22nd, 2009: I made it back to Quito in one piece, but as the evening went on…it felt as if I became a carrier for a mutated strain of the Ebola virus. There seemed to be a need for my body to dispose of everything I put in my mouth for the past week or two – it is nice to see that corn in not only capable of showing up again from the other end. I truly hate being sick…hate it. Thankfully I have no hair to hold back as I would stick my head near the rim of the toilet bowl which looked more a psychedelic carpet of pubic hair, which quietly rested on the rim displaying various lengths, coarseness and a multitude of exotic colors. If I could only have had a clean rest room that I could sit on the ground and hug the bowl – safely touching the porcelain without involuntarily picking up any loose fibers. Couldn’t some toilet bowl manufacturer design a toilet made for sick people? You know…one bowl to sit on to make your deposit and one to vomit in without having to make the decision on what to do first. Since water does not move fast enough down that hole to who knows where, looking at or smelling what came out on either end at close range could never possibly be a pleasant experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment