Thursday, October 1, 2009

Whales love tuna

August 18th, 2009: My eyes were closed as my mind placed myself in another place to prevent myself from joining the others as tuna was projected off the boat and back into the sea after being held captive in their stomachs for most of the day. The ocean was producing some extraordinary waves tossing us around as we attempted to make our way back to the mainland from the Isle de la Plata after a tour seeing all of the amazing wildlife.

Wanting to see if the waves somehow miraculously evaporate, I slowly opened my eyes. As soon as my eyes fully opened, a humpback whale bought her 79,000 pounds of blubber out of the water as it breached right next to our boat. Everyone seemed to gasp, even those who were ever so kindly baiting the whales with their very own tuna scented vomit.

After taking about 200 photos of missed whale shots as they would quickly rise from the water for air and go back under, I decided to just observe what was taking place and leave the fading memories up my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment