Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Chinese Zodiac labels me as a rat…I agree

August 11, 2011: Yes…this post is cryptic or you might even say...poetic. I am Sorry for my friends who English is their second, third or fourth language. For those few individuals that English is their fifth language…too bad - laughing.

Throughout my rat life I have managed to be a somewhat effective scavenger, collecting and hiding shinny things in this rat race. In the process, I also gathered bits and pieces to help me figure out how to escape this giant rat maze.

Successfully I managed to climb out of a rat maze and balanced on the top edge for quite some time, but I somehow have fallen and I have not yet realized how far or deep I fell.

Lately, I seem to have been scurrying from one place to another...setting up my temporary nomadic home for a few days or weeks here or there…going and stopping whenever it feels right - even though the “rightness” can at times crumble.

Knowing how it is to be outside this maze and not having to play if I don’t want to, is a wonderful feeling. But, oddly at times being inside the maze it is exactly what I miss...the safety of being able to lean on or against the walls or the comforts of knowing what the next familiar turn will bring.

What is even at the end of these human rat mazes anyhow? Cheese? If so, I would like to just buy a loaf…please? - smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment