Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Drug House

May 15th, 2009: Arriving at a new hostel yesterday, I thought I might make it out to a club with my housemates to check out Bucaramanga’s nightlife. Before going out with them, I first needed to be invited. Hearing them on the roof, I did a small climb to the peak only to interrupt what seemed to be Narcotourism meeting. This hostel seems to draw a breed of traveler which I haven’t yet run into. They go around consuming products from the local drug scene, sort of like how some people go around consuming local wine from certain regions.

The woman supplying the high priced items of consumption did not fit my profile of a Colombian drug dealer...I was a tad disappointed. She was gorgeous, quiet, well mannered, had a complete set of white teeth and didnt even support a signature limp. She is quite a business woman who even diversifies her product. Since I was not interested in the stuff that was inhaled through the various openings of the body, she informed me that she sells good quality shoulder bags if I was interested. If it wasn’t for the Bob Marley color scheme, I might have bought one.

When God created bar flies, a day later he created hostel flies. The one at my hostel resembles a bottom feeder who has the characteristics of a professional dancer (aka stripper)…working on the guys who clearly lack the ability to talk or pick up on even the ugliest women at a bar. I am thinking that some of these Narcotourists at the hostel are oblivious to some of the local Colombian women’s intensions of hanging around with a bunch of under showered walking ATM/drug dispensers.

No comments:

Post a Comment